As you may already be aware, getting reliable assistance on Care.com might take time and effort. So, whether you’ve discovered the most outstanding care for your family and no longer require your Care.com membership, or you haven’t found any appropriate matches and are ready to delete your account, we’re here to assist you.
Care.com is an online community, job board, and website that helps you discover skilled caregivers for your loved ones.
They connect you with caregivers specializing in senior care, childcare, home care, pet care, or a combination of the above, allowing you to post advertising or browse resumes of people who provide care in your region.
However, the service is not free, and users who no longer need care or have made other arrangements may wonder how to delete their Care.com account.
Table of Contents
What is Care.com All About?
Care.com is a website that connects people in need of caretakers with skilled, experienced experts that specialize in a range of fields.
What began as a simple job board has evolved into a one-stop-shop for all things related to health care, with everything from job postings to full background checks to a vast online community with hundreds of discussion groups.
One of the most valuable aspects of the Care.com experience is the Care.com Community.
The Community is an online message board, discussion center, and information-gathering resource that brings together thousands of experts and millions of community members to share their experiences, offer advice, openly answer questions, and assist you in navigating the often complicated world of caregiving.
According to Care.com, a new job is posted every 30 seconds, and the site assists families in locating child care, nanny jobs, senior care, special needs care, tutoring, home cleaning, home organization, pet care, and other services.
The company, founded in 2007, is headquartered in Massachusetts and has 22 million users in 19 countries.
Moving forward, many customers who want to delete their Care.com account want to go back to the free Basic Membership option and cease the regular billing, while others want to delete their accounts permanently.
Both are simple enough to complete, but they have made them too complex for you to understand. But in this guide, you will discover how to get that done easily.
Note that neither of these options is available on the Care.com app or mobile site. You must use a computer to access the desktop site to cancel your membership.
How to Delete Your Care.com Account Permanently
- Go to the Care.com homepage to completely remove your account.
- You’ll see an icon in the top right corner, either green by default or a photo you uploaded.
- You’ll see a menu if you click on that icon.
- Select Account Settings from the drop-down menu.
- On the next page, you’ll find your membership information, including your personal account information and Care account settings, and a link to close your account if you scroll down to the bottom of the page.
- Select “Close Account” from the drop-down menu. Care.com will ask you whether you want to change your email settings instead of deleting your account.
- “No thanks, I’m canceling my membership,”.
- Then all you have to do is answer one question explaining why you’re leaving, and you’re done.
How Can I Downgrade my Care.com Account?
When you upgrade from the Basic to the Premium plan on Care.com, keep track of how long you signed up (1 month, 3 months, or 12 months). Because Care.com uses an auto-renewal system, you may be charged for the next period if you don’t cancel your subscription before the end of the current period.
You can downgrade your account by following these steps:
- Use your Username and Password to access your Care.com account.
- Click the spinning Account Settings & Info symbol in the top-left portion of the My Accounts page.
- Select Cancel in the Membership Information area of your account to return to the Basic plan and avoid being charged the next month.